Today is National Cut Your Energy Costs Day! Here are some tips for saving money on energy this winter.
National Cut Your Energy Costs Day encourages people to look for ways to reduce energy costs, and save on their energy bills.
It is often in the little things that you do that can save you big money on your energy bill, such as:
- Weatherproof your home
- Replace old windows with new energy-efficient windows
- Replace old furnace with new energy-efficient furnace
- Properly maintain furnace
- Use solar heat if possible
- Turn down thermostats
- Turning off lights when leaving a room
- Use energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Run dishwasher and washing machine only when fully loaded
- Lower water heater temperature
- Take shorter showers
- Unplug unused appliances
- Carpool whenever possible
The above listed are just a few of the many ways to conserve energy. Using these tips, along with the others ones you may already have in practice, as well as all new energy saving tips that you can find online, you will be able to move forward better each day saving money for you home and family.